How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user regarding personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software or hardware. Different firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks because they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation abilities have offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your TV, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals of a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not function correctly if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is clearly very simple to comprehend. Software applications are currently available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not right.