How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user regarding personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your house. It can control your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to control.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not operate appropriately if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is obviously very simple to comprehend. Software applications are already readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really dangerous with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not right.