How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space available of up to forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a method that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of the Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Different firmware that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation abilities have actually supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your house. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through entering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hack’s job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not work effectively if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly extremely easy to understand. Softwares are already available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely risky with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not best.