How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can store up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks since they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hack’s job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not function effectively if you missed this important step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly extremely simple to comprehend. Software applications are already available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless dealt with by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.