How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space offered of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically developed Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a method that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people utilize iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation abilities have offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your TV, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR device would not work effectively if you missed this crucial action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly very easy to comprehend. Softwares are already available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with regard to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not right.