How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user regarding personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmwares that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals utilize iPod hacks because they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology abilities have offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to potentially take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential component in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not function correctly if you missed this essential step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any home electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously really easy to understand. Software applications are currently available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not right.