How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a way that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in terms of personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology capabilities have offered a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your tv, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Put simply, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important component in this iPod hack’s job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not work appropriately if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic equipment.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly really simple to understand. Softwares are already readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely dangerous with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not best.