How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have so much area available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod simplying playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic devices in your home. It can control your television, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely put, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin altering your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not work properly if you missed this crucial action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is undoubtedly really easy to comprehend. Software applications are already offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very dangerous with concerns to its effects on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert specialist, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not ideal.