How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of up to forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation capabilities have provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic equipment in your house. It can manage your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not work properly if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously very simple to understand. Software applications are already readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, extremely risky with regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.